DKP for legion suggestion

Everything you need to know about Artifice, and the rules & regulations it embodies.

DKP for legion suggestion

Postby Shy on Mar. 11, 2016 09:21 pm

I think we need to revise the DKP squish for legion, well mostly because of myself hoarding it. a 95 % or whatever squish is just not going to cut it for people with too much DkP saved. I say clear all of if for EVERYONE and then give ALL raiders back say 50 to 100, that is DKP to start with, This will avoid the pesky roll-off and give people DKP to bid on early bosses while having an equal DPK amount at start of raid for legion.
Also I think new raiders or applicants who come to raid late should get that starter amount of 50 or 100 when they reach raider, this will allow then to at least compete for gear with the others.

AND ALL THE DKP IS MINE! /HISTERICAL GIGGLES !
Shy
L1 Peon

Re: DKP for legion suggestion

Postby Phyle on Mar. 11, 2016 11:04 pm

Shy wrote:I say clear all of if for EVERYONE and then give ALL raiders back say 50 to 100, that is DKP to start with, This will avoid the pesky roll-off and give people DKP to bid...

While I think this is a nice gesture Shy, it's not really fair for raiders, like yourself, who show up every night consistently; even if the DKP has been horded. There are also a few raiders who show up consistently and even continue to find groups after our raids are done for the week to continue to gear up. You all deserve to have a slight advantage on DKP.

Shy wrote:Also I think new raiders or applicants who come to raid late should get that starter amount of 50 or 100 when they reach raider

I like this idea. Think of it as a signing bonus.

Shy wrote:AND ALL THE DKP IS MINE! /HISTERICAL GIGGLES !

/agreed
Phyle
L9 Page

Postby Migol on Mar. 11, 2016 11:33 pm

So all that giggling we hear on vent is actually a meglomaniacal scrooge mcduck in shy form...
Famous Last Words
Migol
Benevolent Bovine

Postby Omniia on Mar. 12, 2016 09:51 am

i agree with you somewhat, but to have some people who show up not very often, to have the same amount as everyone else at the beginning of the teir isnt fair.

yea, you havent used your dkp, but youre, aside from Migol, one of the only ones who show up every night
95% decrease should stay. as for signing bonus, i think ya, 50-100 dkp is a great way to get them to stay, cause if i was apping and a BiS went to an offspec because i had no way to bid on it id get pretty upset
No Dthind, i do not live in an igloo.
"i'm going to pull out this time, because i remember what happened last time didn't turn out well"
-Migol, ICC 25 02/23/10
Omniia
Canadian Prime Minster

Postby cruumash on Mar. 12, 2016 03:20 pm

You're not actually THAT far ahead of everyone after a 95% squish.

I'd just put it on Personal and be done with it. :D
cruumash
L40 High King

Postby Briony on Mar. 13, 2016 05:22 am

I'm sitting at around 1300 DKP... so after a 95% squish I'd have 65 DKP.

If the minimum DKP bid gets upped to 25 DKP (instead of 5) that gives me two uncontested items? Seems reasonable.
Briony

Postby Omniia on Mar. 13, 2016 05:16 pm

cruumash wrote:You're not actually THAT far ahead of everyone after a 95% squish.

Actually, she'll have at least 8000 DKP at least by the expansion, which translates to 400 by the stat squish lol
"i'm going to pull out this time, because i remember what happened last time didn't turn out well"
-Migol, ICC 25 02/23/10
Omniia
Canadian Prime Minster

Postby Migol on Mar. 13, 2016 06:05 pm

Omniia wrote:
cruumash wrote:You're not actually THAT far ahead of everyone after a 95% squish.

Actually, she'll have at least 8000 DKP at least by the expansion, which translates to 400 by the stat squish lol

If she never spends more. And since items have gone into the thousands this expansion, I'm not too worried. I'd guess she could apply the knuckles to about 3 items before people caught up.
Famous Last Words
Migol
Benevolent Bovine

Postby Briony on Mar. 14, 2016 10:15 am

But the bottom line is everyone has the opportunity to store up 8k DKP if they want... but most people prefer to have items this expansion instead of next expansion.
Briony

Postby cruumash on Mar. 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Omniia wrote:

right, so she gets one or two pieces at will and then she is back in line with everyone else. Seems like exactly what's intended.
cruumash
L40 High King

Postby Omniia on Mar. 14, 2016 12:59 pm

cruumash wrote:
Omniia wrote:

right, so she gets one or two pieces at will and then she is back in line with everyone else. Seems like exactly what's intended.

Which is totally fair, because she earned it. I was just pointing out the obvious. As I already stated once...

Omniia wrote:i agree with you somewhat, but to have some people who show up not very often, to have the same amount as everyone else at the beginning of the teir isnt fair.

Unless they revamp personal loot to give people the ability to trade, pass on loot for bosses that aren't needed,and not give items that are considered a downgrade by repeat (aka, I already have herioc class trinket, so it won't drop for me on normal) then personal is still not a viable option.
-Migol, ICC 25 02/23/10
Omniia
Canadian Prime Minster

Postby cruumash on Mar. 14, 2016 03:07 pm

Trading loot is a pipe dream. Half of it, at least, might as well get sharded for the good that it did us during WoD.
cruumash
L40 High King

Postby Omniia on Mar. 14, 2016 06:58 pm

cruumash wrote:Trading loot is a pipe dream. Half of it, at least, might as well get sharded for the good that it did us during WoD.

We are still talking about Legion, and the new loot no one has and will need as upgrades from dungeon blues and easily acquired crafted gear, right?

Just making sure we aren't going off topic here
-Migol, ICC 25 02/23/10
Omniia
Canadian Prime Minster

Postby Jeeze on Mar. 26, 2016 02:45 pm

fresh off my cruise ship.. too lazy to do a bunch of quoting... but these are my basic thoughts about next revamp, i've actually already mentioned these to the other officers.

1) new raiders will get a small amount.. no more than 50 for joining.. this will avoid the you dont have 5 to bid problem we have now. i'm thinking 25 is fair.. they wanna waste it on 1 item let them. for raiders... with squish in place you should have zero problem outbidding the new guy, they won't be in for heavy progression most likely so wont earn nearly what you do. this just stops you from getting it for a measly 5 (which might be upped to 25)

2) We (officers) decided against a full wipe because whether its current content or not.. you put in the same wipes as if it was. so it pays some homage to that effort for you showing up late in the xpac instead of leaving game like zal does. once upon a time we didnt wipe dkp.. now them were some numbers with some highly complicated cow math involved.

3) debating "stat squishing" dkp but have to be careful to avoid doing so too much because we don't want to get back to the increasing bids by 1 thing again. ie instead of earning 125 dkp for 1 night of tons of wiping,, you'd earn like 25. bottom line its all relative to whats being earned so high numbers don't bother me so much.

4) early bosses its hard to hoard dkp and still remain competetive on meters, the high numbers thing never plays in until end expansion when we start outgearing not needed fights (Cepy shy that hoarding bastage).
Jeeze
Infant Inhaler

Postby Jeeze on Mar. 26, 2016 02:48 pm

ps

i never check this forum.. sorry for late thoughts on it.
Jeeze
Infant Inhaler

Postby Migol on Mar. 31, 2016 10:29 am

Ah yes, back when we didn't erase dkp at all, so people had it in the thousands...and everyone bid in increments of one...

...actually that time was terrible. :P
Famous Last Words
Migol
Benevolent Bovine

Postby Jeeze on Apr. 08, 2016 02:44 pm

Migol wrote:Ah yes, back when we didn't erase dkp at all, so people had it in the thousands...and everyone bid in increments of one...

and now we have people in the 6-7k's... and people bid in 5's/25's.. its all relative... /sigh.
Jeeze
Infant Inhaler

Postby Omniia on Apr. 08, 2016 04:35 pm

JeezeDK wrote:
Migol wrote:Ah yes, back when we didn't erase dkp at all, so people had it in the thousands...and everyone bid in increments of one...

and now we have people in the 6-7k's... and people bid in 5's/25's.. its all relative... /sigh.

Thank you!
-Migol, ICC 25 02/23/10
Omniia
Canadian Prime Minster

Postby Stratecaster on Apr. 15, 2016 06:51 pm

Economics is easy.
Increase the minimum bids so DKP is worth more.
Impose a salary cap.
Decrease the amount of DKP given out.
Give out DKP based on the number of bosses someone was there or waiting outside ready for.
Increase scarcity or Increase demand. Pick one of these and watch the equilibrium change.
You are the Central Bank of Artifice or the Artifice Reserve.
Play and learn something.
Convictions are greater foes of truth than lies.
Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche
“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” Teddy Roosevelt
Stratecaster
L60 Blessed Ruler

Postby Hcetrepus on Apr. 16, 2016 06:33 am

Migol fails at economics and that is sad being he works in a the banking industry.

Also apropos you posting that on April 15th. historically tax day in America although they moved it to the 18th this year for some reason.
You can run .... but you will only die tired!
Hcetrepus
L21 Lord

Postby Thebigtuna on Apr. 16, 2016 12:30 pm

I don't really see any problems with the DKP system. I don't like that I compete against healers for my tier tokens and now trinket tokens, but that is how Blizz balanced tokens. Sure, I don't want Shy to have umpteen thousand DKP, but it hasn't stopped me from gearing up.

Maybe if loot is so unbalanced in a Tier that certain classes/roles accumulate enough DKP to monopolize the new tier for more than the first week or two, there would be a problem. But right now, even if someone manages to start with 1000 DKP (end tier with 20,000) that is only an advantage for something like the first trinket drop. Maybe we can set a max, but if it isn't a problem, I don't see a reason to fix it.

If we want to talk about a suggestion for DKP, award bonuses for performance, improvement, or not standing in the fire! That way we clear more bosses and get more loots!
Tuna#1519
Thebigtuna
L45 Hegemon

Postby Stratecaster on Apr. 17, 2016 05:45 am

Tuna, if you guys did that I'd come back, roll a priest and Lifegrip Hideurwife into fire every second pull.
Convictions are greater foes of truth than lies.
Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche
“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” Teddy Roosevelt
Stratecaster
L60 Blessed Ruler

Postby Omniia on Apr. 17, 2016 10:07 am

Thebigtuna wrote:If we want to talk about a suggestion for DKP, award bonuses for performance, improvement, or not standing in the fire! That way we clear more bosses and get more loots!

THIS
-Migol, ICC 25 02/23/10
Omniia
Canadian Prime Minster

Postby Jeeze on Apr. 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Omniia wrote:
Thebigtuna wrote:If we want to talk about a suggestion for DKP, award bonuses for performance, improvement, or not standing in the fire! That way we clear more bosses and get more loots!

THIS

dkp needs to be simple.. not micromanage each player, you also can't say for sure its not just a bad night...house is on fire... lag.. etc. overall raid incentive maybe, thats why sometimes i do 100 dkp for a 1 shot etc... I personally would love to remove dkp for stupid idiots that get hit by barrage etc... but again same restrictions apply to that as bonuses.
Jeeze
Infant Inhaler

Postby Thebigtuna on Apr. 20, 2016 01:52 pm

JeezeDK wrote:
Omniia wrote:

THIS

dkp needs to be simple.. not micromanage each player, you also can't say for sure its not just a bad night...house is on fire... lag.. etc. overall raid incentive maybe, thats why sometimes i do 100 dkp for a 1 shot etc... I personally would love to remove dkp for stupid idiots that get hit by barrage etc... but again same restrictions apply to that as bonuses.

True. Maybe a better use of bonuses would be for roles that people don't like to take because it hurts DPS. Like the Brackenspore Flamethrowers in walled city. Or adds duty on certain bosses. Seems like we have issues where we can just pull up the Damage Taken meter and immediately see the problems.

But I understand the problem with managing DKP. So this should be used sparingly as an incentive. Just seems like there are times when it would be appropriate to offer an incentive to raiders. I think taking away DKP, what Shy suggested, is the wrong approach. Maybe instead of DKP, the incentive will be naming rights to Zal's rank next xpac. Each week we set a goal and the raider that does the best job meeting that goal gets to name Zal's rank for the following week.

We have 4 months to work this out!
Tuna#1519
Thebigtuna
L45 Hegemon

Postby Lainey on Apr. 22, 2016 03:32 pm

Loot Council

Lainey performs in the grey area for his class / spec on Tuesday on Boss A. According to logs.

Next week, Boss A dies, great paladin item drops, Lainey is ineligible because Lainey sucked the previous week, but is eligible the next week.

Reward us for not being bad...?
Lainey
L45 Hegemon

Return to Rules & Regulations