Gear standard and requirements for raiding 9/4/18

This forum is open to everyone to chat about anything.

Gear standard and requirements for raiding 9/4/18

Postby Migol on Aug. 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Been a lot of discussion on the officers about the appropriate gear level and dps and whatnot. As high as 345 and as low as "bring everyone, sort it out next week". Then everyone tells me to make a decision -_-

In the end I figure 335 is a good number. Was very tempted to say 340 but that assumes you don't get terrible luck in mythic 0 in a slot, and could be stuck with a 320ish blue piece that keeps you hovering below the mark. With 335 you just need to be in -almost all- mythic gear, with a decent level Azerite neck and maybe a crafted piece or two. This will be even easier week 2, after we have access to warfronts & world bosses, more mythics+, and so on.

Other requirements: DBM or Bigwigs (your choice), stat food that isn't a joke, 3 flasks. We won't use the flask on the first boss, but we'll require them once we reach a boss we can't one shot. That might end up being the first boss, Blizzard has veered wildly on difficulty levels over the past years, sometimes the normal modes are a joke, sometimes you hit hardcore gearchecks that are hotfixed down later.

Cow Caveat: Ilevel means nothing if you're hitting "pounce" before the tanks pull and dying to an angry Void Lord fist. Or if you're not listening to cows, being loud and obnoxious, not listening to cows, trying to afk all of trash, or not listening to cows.
Famous Last Words
Migol
Benevolent Bovine

Re: Gear standard and requirements for raiding 9/4/18

Postby Migol on Aug. 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Just a sidenote, I'm making a lot of the darkmoon cards, so if you buy or craft a lot but are missing one or two let me know, might have them.
Famous Last Words
Migol
Benevolent Bovine

Return to General Discussion