Diablo 4 and...Overwatch 2?

This forum is open to everyone to chat about anything.

Diablo 4 and...Overwatch 2?

Postby Migol on Dec. 14, 2017 08:09 am

From Icy Veins:
A finance colossus is expecting that Activision Blizzard will get a boost in the next 2-3 years, due to the release of new titles in the Diablo and Overwatch franchise, as well as a mobile game.

According to a CNBC article, Goldman Sachs raised its rating for Activision Blizzard shares, predicting strong sales results for its future titles. What, you would ask, are these future titles? The analysts of the finance company predict a new Diablo game by 2019, Overwatch 2 by 2020 and a new mobile title.

We've actually seen Blizzard job postings for all of the aforementioned titles this year. Obviously, the Diablo game brings back two words that we haven't heard since 2016: Diablo 4. The Overwatch 2 statement is a bit more perplexing: Overwatch is fine as it is, with the developers having promised a lot of free content to keep coming. However, they've never ruled out PvE plans in the Overwatch universe and perhaps that's what "Overwatch 2" will be about. Lastly, we already know that the upcoming mobile game is going to be in the Warcraft universe and it's probably going to be a MMO-RTS.

What do you guys think about these predictions?

Not sure that they're "just guessing", since these are the stockholders that they're talking to. I would guess though that rather than a sequel we might get a single player Overwatch expansion/dlc...feels way too soon to make a sequel.
Famous Last Words
Migol
Benevolent Bovine

Re: Diablo 4 and...Overwatch 2?

Postby Omniia on Dec. 14, 2017 09:05 am

I agree with you on the Overwatch thing, maybe an expansion focus’d primarily on PVE.

As for diablo, 4? Really? What else can they add to the story? Unless it’s a World of Diablo, or a fully remastered Diablo 2.
No Dthind, i do not live in an igloo.
"i'm going to pull out this time, because i remember what happened last time didn't turn out well"
-Migol, ICC 25 02/23/10
Omniia
Canadian Prime Minster

Re: Diablo 4 and...Overwatch 2?

Postby Migol on Dec. 14, 2017 09:38 am

Omniia wrote:I agree with you on the Overwatch thing, maybe an expansion focus’d primarily on PVE.

As for diablo, 4? Really? What else can they add to the story? Unless it’s a World of Diablo, or a fully remastered Diablo 2.

They purposefully left a few (huge, gaping, ham-fisted) plot hooks at the end for a return. Notably Tyrael noticed for the first time that holy crap the Nephalim (your character) is powerful and they could become a threat. Secondly they've re-written the lore to not care about the Soul Forge, and basically the demon lords always come back no matter what, it can just take a while to respawn.

All signs point to a rehash of Diablo 2 where the previous Diablo's hero is somehow corrupted and possessed by Diablo, blah blah somehow we end up back in Tristram despite no sane person ever stepping foot there again, much less settling in it...
Famous Last Words
Migol
Benevolent Bovine

Return to General Discussion